- NB These ingredients can easily be changed for what you have in your fridge.
- 2-3 good quality free range chicken thighs or 2 breast fillets
- 200 grams of baby new potatoes or sweet potato chopped
- 6 firm plum tomatoes
- 1 sliced large courgette
- 12-15 black olives pitted, sliced in half
- 3 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion sliced diagonally
- 1 large tbsp of shop bought pesto or serve with humus
- 1 green and 1 yellow or orange pepper seeded and cut into large chunks
- Optional: Dried mixed herbs, basil or rosemary to taste
- Optional: a handful of rocket or parsley to add at the end
- 1 slice of lemon to squeeze
Preheat the oven to fan oven 180C or 200C if no fan.
Spread the potatoes, courgette, onion, pepper and tomatoes in a large casserole dish and scatter over the olives. Squeeze the lemon over. Season with sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Optional: Add dried mixed herbs, basil or rosemary
NB: Use a casserole dish that has a lid
Cut into the flesh of each chicken thigh or breast 3-4 times using a sharp knife, then lay the chicken on top of the vegetables.
Mix the extra virgin olive oil and pesto together until well blended and spoon evenly over the chicken. Put lid on the casserole dish. Cook for 30 minutes.
NB: I made this last night and forgot the pesto and it was just as nice.
Take the lid off and return to the oven cooking or another 5-10 minutes or until the vegetables and chicken are cooked. Remove the chicken skin.
Optional: Serve with humus and a handful of rocket or parsley