10-12 Portions: 1 portion is 4-5 heaped desert-spoons of granola
- 100 grams jumbo gluten free oats
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 100 grams chopped almonds
- 100 grams chopped Brazil nuts
- 100 grams chopped hazel nuts
- 80 grams desiccated coconut
- Optional 4-5 teaspoons maple syrup or raw honey
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil or coconut butter melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (optional)
Mix above dry ingredients in a large bowl. Melt coconut butter and add to dry ingredients and mix well. Add honey and mix well.
Transfer to baking paper lined tray and roast in preheated oven @ 140 c (fan) for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Allow to cool and store in airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
Serve with a handful of fresh or frozen berries such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries, strawberries and 2-3 dessertspoons of natural organic or plant-based yoghurt or some milk
Prep the night before and leave the granola soaking in organic natural yoghurt (plant based or dairy)
Buy whole nuts and break them up in a food chopper
Add raw cocoa powder for a chocolate taste & antioxidants with zero extra sugar.
For extra sweetness add slices of 1/3 chopped banana