Laboratory tests are invaluable at providing a detailed look at your body systems so we can meet your individual needs and support faster successful outcomes.
We can examine your gut (digestive tract) or hormones (like thyroid or oestrogen), or levels of specific nutrients. This helps to together your personalised nutrition plan
Nutritional Balance uses a range of UK and Global laboratories and dispensaries to ascertain exactly what nutritional support clients may benefit from. Companies include Functional DX, Lifecode GX, Regenerus, Biolab and Genova
Recommendations for relevant tests are given in your consultation. There will be a separate charge for tests and their interpretation.
Tests that can be completed through your GP will always be considered first.
Some of the most popular and useful tests include
- Stool Analysis: Measures digestion, absorption and inflammation and evaluates microorganisms including bacteria, yeast and parasites.
- Leaky Gut (intestinal permeability) : When the gut lining is compromised allowing undigested foods and other particles into the blood stream resulting in a wide range of symptoms
- Allergy/ Intolerance Testing
- Non Celiac Gluten Sensitivity & Celiac Test
- Yeast Overgrowth
- Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis: female health, male health, thyroid profile.
- Adrenal Stress Profile
- Female Hormonal Health Profile – invaluable for menopause, fertility, PCOS, endometriosis, PMS
- Male Hormonal Health Profile
- Full Thyroid Screen
How Your Genes Affect Food
We live in exciting times when we can discover how our genes support or impact us and how we may adjust our nutrition & life styles accordingly. Whilst our genes cannot be changed they are turned on and off in response to their environment including food, nutrition, exercise, stress, toxic exposure and more.
Genes can impact on our response to food. For example Vitamin A is needed for eye, immune, gut, thyroid and skin health. We may have genetic difficulties in making (metabolising) plant based beta-carotene (in orange & green fruit & vegetables such as carrots) into Vitamin A. Since Vitamin A itself is only found in animal sources vegans or vegetarians with these variants may have lower levels and so benefit from support.
Emma uses Lifecode Gx genetic testing and analysis services in her practice. She has attended their practitioner courses and is able to fully interpret your results and advise how you may tailor your food and lifestyle in response
One useful Lifecode Gx test is the Nutrient Core Test. This measures how genes impact on our response to food including vitamins A, C, D, K & folic acid, B12. It measures sensitivity to caffeine, genetic markers for celiac disease, lactose, blood sugar control (insulin) and appetite (leptin).
A full list of Lifecode Gx current Profiles are as follows: Apoe 4 (brain health), Athlete, Detoxification, Hisamine, Methylation, Nervous System, Oestrogen.